Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 need advice urgent plzzzzzz

hi all

i have h1 stamped on aug 2007 from different country(ABC) and i visited my sister's place for about 1month (who lives in U.S) and h1 is valid till sept 2010 even i got my SSN but never tried for jobs and came back to my place where i attended my h1 as my husband works here.

now i need to go to india(home country) as i have never been there since 6yrs. my question is: can i travel via U.S to my home country(india) using h1 visa or do i need to attend for visitor visa in order to travel via U.S. if i attend visitor visa does my h1visa going affect or cancelled and what questions do the immigrant officer ask at POE. can i have 2 visas in my passport (h1 and visitor visa). plzzzzzzzzzzz need help regarding this issue as i need to go to india by this end of the month

thanx

It does seem like you used H1b visa to eter and apply for a SSN earlier. That is illegal to start with.

You can have 2 visas on our PP and you need a B2 visa to visit US or if it is transit, you need a transit visa. If it is transit visa, you will not go out of the airport.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

h1 need advice urgent plzzzz

hi txh1b
      thanx a lot for ur quick reply.

"It does seem like you used H1b visa to eter and apply for a SSN earlier. That is illegal to start with."

i didnt understand this line when i visisted my sister's place at that time i applied for SSN after i got sick and came back to my country where i attended h1. so could plz xplain in detail about ur line where u said it is illegal.

thanx a lot again for ur quick reply

Comment

On what visa did you come in the last time? When was this? What was the basis for applying for SSN? Visitors do not get SSN. So, I assumed you entered on H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X