Travel to India after filing for visa extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India after filing for visa extension

My Visa and drivers Liscence are expiring on the same date in about 6 months. Since both my visa and DL are expiring on the same day, Do i have to file for visa extension 6 months before actual visa expiry? But i am planning to travel to India in 2 months from now and return back in another 2 months. Is it ok if i just file for extension when i am in the US and then travel to India and come back, before my original visa expires? Please let me know. Thank You

Come back and file for the extension.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank You for the reply. So is it ok to file for extension just 60 days before it actually expires? I am on L2 and my hubby is on L1. he is not travelling with me.We both have to file together right?THank You

Comment

Need not be together. You can apply 6 months before expiry together and travel after getting the extension. It can also be PPd for $1000 extra.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank You.Also can i travel when my EAD is being processed. I have a L2 and a work permit(EAD), which is about to expire. I am planning to apply for renewal and travel to India. IS this ok? Will my EAD be valid when I return back?

Comment

I am on L2 and working with EAD. It is about to expire. Can i apply for EAD renewal and travel? IS a L2 EAd valid for reentry, and is it valid for visa extensions?

Comment

EAD is never valid for entry. It is not safe to apply for a EAD which is based on your status (I-94) and travel as the I-94 record gets closed and your status cannot be verified from the I-94 number resulting in EAD denial.

Comment

Thank You. So i believe i have to travel to India, come back in Aug , and apply for Visa extension (Visa expires Oct 2009, Employer suggested premium processing for visa extension) and wait until i get the visa extended and then apply for a new EAD? Or Can i apply for a new EAD when i apply for a visa extension?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X