Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B renewal after old visa expiry

Hi,

My old H1B expired in Sep 2007 but I have a new I-797 valid till April 2011. Till date, I have not got my new H1B stamped. While trying to schedule a visa renewal interview date on VFS, there is a clause about the visa having been expired for more than a year; which is true in my case. VFS does not say anything further about my eligibility to get visa renewed. Will I have any problem in getting my H1B visa renewed?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by aj_help; 03-15-2009, 04:43 PM.

Expired visa has nothing to do with your application eligibility or the result, select the option which applies to you. You don't even need stamping if your I-94 is valid and you are working. You need a visa stamp only if you are traveling.
    What you need to prove is that you have a legitimate employer and a legitimate job.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks so much for your response. I would still like to mention that my old I94 has expired in oct 07. And the new I797 has the new I94 valid till apr 2011. I might be reiterating the same thing I mentioned before but I want to make sure I will not have any problems. Again your quick response is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Take the chill pill, you are fine.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X