Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B extension....uncommon issue... am I out of status ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension....uncommon issue... am I out of status ?

Came to US on Company A HIB. Petition period (Sept 2006-10Oct2008). I have been working without gaps since then.
    Company A applied extension on June 12 2008.
    Company B, applied for H1B transfer on Oct 2 2008. Approved on Dec 5 2008. I did not start working for them right away.
    Company A received an RFE on 2nd Feb, RFE replied on 5th March.
    I joined company B on 9th March and I been working for them since then. I will recieve my paycheck this week.

On 18th March, I recieved an email about the denial notice for company A's extentsion. I think I am okay here, just want to make sure I am not out of status. am I?My worry is my paycheck paydate (not pay period) from company B will be dated after the denial of Company A's extension.

Thanks for your help,

Originally posted by nagarajusd
    I think I am okay here, just want to make sure I am not out of status. am I?My worry is my paycheck paydate (not pay period) from company B will be dated after the denial of Company A's extension.
    What makes you think you are okay?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

As I was already working for "company B" when H1B extension of "company A" was denied. Am i missing something here ?

Comment

You are fine as long as the EOS for B was approved with a I-94 and you have not travelled since then and have the same white I-94 # as on Bs approval. Thanks for clarifying.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I do have I-94 of "Company B" with the same receipt number of I797 of company B and I have not travelled out of the country.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X