Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-IT H4-H1 and stamping

Hi,
    I entered US in May 2007 on H4 Visa and got my H1B in June 2008. I started working from Oct1, 2008 and was not out of status for even a single day. I have all my Pay stubs from Oct 2008 till date. I even have a W-2 and a filed tax return of 2008.
    My employer in US is a small-local financial firm(Non IT) with an empolyee strength of 5-6. My salary is pretty high going by my experience (1.5 year in India + 7 months US). My employer can not sustain this salary any longer and has started dropping hints. I am planning to go to India in May and have my H1B stamped and then come back and change the employer. My concerns are:

1) If by chance my H1B stamping is rejected while I am in India, will I have problems in getting my H4 stamped? I am thinking I could at least possibly get back on H4 as it is valid till 2010 but NOT stamped for extension. Your inputs please?
    2) Is this the right time to have H1B stamped(because of recession). Should I change the employer, wait for say 6 months and then go for stamping in India?
    3) Am I at higher risk of rejection, because of being in a non IT sector.

Thanks a lot

could someone please reply?

Thanks

Comment

I entered US in May 2007 on H4 Visa and got my H1B in June 2008. I started working from Oct1, 2008 and was not out of status for even a single day. I have all my Pay stubs from Oct 2008 till date. I even have a W-2 and a filed tax return of 2008.
      My employer in US is a small-local financial firm(Non IT) with an empolyee strength of 5-6. My salary is pretty high going by my experience (1.5 year in India + 7 months US). My employer can not sustain this salary any longer and has started dropping hints. I am planning to go to India in May and have my H1B stamped and then come back and change the employer. My concerns are:

1) If by chance my H1B stamping is rejected while I am in India, will I have problems in getting my H4 stamped? I am thinking I could at least possibly get back on H4 as it is valid till 2010 but NOT stamped for extension. Your inputs please?

---- Why would H1 get rejected if you have all the right documens and provide the complete evidence of your assignment as requested by the VO. Yes you can also seek H4 visa if you so desire

2) Is this the right time to have H1B stamped(because of recession). Should I change the employer, wait for say 6 months and then go for stamping in India?

---- Right time is only a decision by you (recession or not). You have to weigh the options and go by what is best for you. Forum members can throw a lot of suggestions

3) Am I at higher risk of rejection, because of being in a non IT sector.

---- Read ans to Q1

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have all the basic documents (W2, salary slips, appointment letter etc) but my employer will hesitate in sharing all of his employees' salary details and other sensitive information.

He would rather cancel my H1-B than worry about 1 of his 5 employees. As mentioned, his is a small company and this is his first H1-B experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X