VISA Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VISA Renewal

I have a query regarding renewal of my VISA status.

I came to USA a year ago on the status of H4 as a dependent of my Husband who is on H1. He will be renewing his H1 in June 2009, and i'll need to renew my H4 along with him.

I also applied for H1 in April 2008 and got it approved in Oct 2008. I am searching for projects to work on and haven't applied for my SSN yet. I don't have my paperwork/documents of my H1 with me either.

How should renew my status in this situation? Should I go ahead and renew my H4 status? Will it affect my H1 status? Will my status automatically change from H4 to H1 once i get a project
    Last edited by nymphsea; 03-23-2009, 11:31 AM.

Right now you are on H4 and despite of having approved H1 petition you can't work until you apply for change of status from H4 to H1. You status will not change to H1 on it's own even if you get a project.

Comment

If you filed COS, you are on H1 and out of status. If not, you can renew your H4 status. Once you find a job, you'll again need to change status to H1.

Comment

Thanks.... so i should go ahead and renew my H4 till the time i get a project? later on once i get a project, i can go for COS to H1, correct?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X