Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer, while on L1

Hi
    I am currently working on L1. In 2007 I applied for a H1 with with Company-A, but I never used that(valid till 2010). Now recently I have applied for H1 transfer from company-A to company-B. I got the approval notice with new
    H1B validity from 2009 to 2012. And my wife got the H4 (application to extend/change non-immi status) approval.

1. Do I have to start working on my H1 immediately ?
    2. Can I still continue on my L1 and change to H1B whenever I want before 2012 ?
    3. If I go to India now will it be any issue ? I have my L1 visa stamped till 2010, Feb.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Arun.

1. Yes
    2. It is illegal.
    3. No issues but you working illegally on L1 would result in deportation.

Read the sticky thread in H1 section. I see you posting often but not reading the forum posts???

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

can I go to India now and come back on L1 again ? As I have my L1 stamped till Feb 2010.

Comment

Read about leapfrog.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

Thanks for the Leapfrog information. I have gone through a couple of posts on the same subject.
            1. Now I understand that if I go to India and and come back to US on L1 (Leapfrog), I can continue to work on my L1b, right ?
            2.Will it affect my H1B, in case if I want to use it in futurer ? (it's valid from March 2009 to April 2012).

Comment

If you have read the many threads on the forum, these should have already been answered.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X