Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scribbled on my H1B visa

Hi
    I got laid off when I was on H1B. Then I decided to stamp L2 visa as my husband is on L1, so I came to my home country (India) and went for L2 stamping. While stamping, US consulate asked me if I was working with the company whose name is mentioned on my H1B visa... and I said no.
    When I got my L2 visa stamped I found that the consulate has scribbled on my H1B visa.
    Its seems they have written cancelled (In bad handwriting ... I can only see ā€˜Cā€™ and some scribbled things)
    - Does this mean my H1B visa is cancelled?
    - On returning to USA on L2, I want my option open to work on H1B visa also. So can I Shift?
    - Do I need to do anything as the US Consulate has scribbled on Visa?
    Please help...
    Regards.

I got laid off when I was on H1B. Then I decided to stamp L2 visa as my husband is on L1, so I came to my home country (India) and went for L2 stamping. While stamping, US consulate asked me if I was working with the company whose name is mentioned on my H1B visa... and I said no.
    When I got my L2 visa stamped I found that the consulate has scribbled on my H1B visa.
    Its seems they have written cancelled (In bad handwriting ... I can only see ā€˜Cā€™ and some scribbled things)

- Does this mean my H1B visa is cancelled?

---- Yes, it is possible that the H1 visa may be cancelled on the Passport

- On returning to USA on L2, I want my option open to work on H1B visa also. So can I Shift?

---- Yes, if your H1 petition iss still valid as per the dates then you can do a COS from L1 to H1 at a later point of time after you arrive in the US

- Do I need to do anything as the US Consulate has scribbled on Visa?

---- No, do not attempt anything. Just leave the page alone and let it remain as such in your Passport

Subramanya

Comment

Cancelled without prejudice (CWOP) is what they write/stamp.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot.. I really appreciate your immediate replies...
        Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X