Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H4 Visa Re stamping

Hello,

My wife is planning to attend for a H4 Visa Re stamping. I have couple of questions regarding the visa application process. Appreciate if you can help me with my questions

1) In DS156 should my answer to the Question” “Has Anyone Ever Files an Immigrant Petition on your behalf” be NO. FYI, my 140 is approved and waiting on 485 priority date. I don’t think I gave my wife’s name yet in my labor or 140 approval process
    2) There is a section to be filled in VFS website called” Petition Details from 797/. I assume that principal applicant would be me. However I am not sure what to fill in the following questions
    Petition Receipt #
    Petition Expiration date
    Petitioner Name: I assume it is my company name

Is the above info to be filled in from My 797 ( case type I129)or my wife’s 797( case type I539) Receipt #?

Please advice

Thanks,

My wife is planning to attend for a H4 Visa Re stamping. I have couple of questions regarding the visa application process. Appreciate if you can help me with my questions

1) In DS156 should my answer to the Question” “Has Anyone Ever Files an Immigrant Petition on your behalf” be NO. FYI, my 140 is approved and waiting on 485 priority date. I don’t think I gave my wife’s name yet in my labor or 140 approval process

---- Only when you apply for I-485 you sill complete this section and say yes as that is the application for AOS for you and your family

2) There is a section to be filled in VFS website called” Petition Details from 797/. I assume that principal applicant would be me. However I am not sure what to fill in the following questions
    Petition Receipt #
    Petition Expiration date

---- All the above written statements are right

Is the above info to be filled in from My 797 ( case type I129)or my wife’s 797( case type I539) Receipt #?

---- Refer above to Q2

Subramanya

Comment

First of all thanks for the reply.

However can you please advice if the following information should be filled in from My 797 or my wife's 797

Petition Receipt #
      Petition Expiration date

Thanks,

Comment

However can you please advice if the following information should be filled in from My 797 or my wife's 797

Petition Receipt #
        Petition Expiration date

---- If your wife has a I-797 for her H4 then the details from that petition (receipt date and expiration date) will be filled into the DS-156 application form

Subramanya

Comment

thanks so much .....appreciate ur answers

Comment

H4 Visa Re stamping

Hello,

My wife is planning to attend for a H4 Visa Re stamping. I have a question regarding the visa application process.

There is a section to be filled in VFS website called” Petition Details from 797. I assume that principal applicant would be me. However I am not sure what to fill in the following questions
            Petition Receipt #
            Petition Expiration date

Please advice

Thanks

Comment

I think he needs to write his petition receipt number.
              H4 COS is not a petition it is an application. (Petition is done by employer, application by applicant)
              This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X