Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounds of divorce

Hello,

Could someone tell me what are the strong and valid reason for a divorce in the US ?
    A friend is working on H1 and we are planning to get married.
    He wants to divorce his wife.

Thanks.

There is no need to have a strong reason for a divorce in US. People can get divorced for not putting dishes in the dishwasher citing incompatibility.

Watch what you are getting into though. It does sound like you being the reason for a divorce.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah_n78 View Post
      Hello,

Could someone tell me what are the strong and valid reason for a divorce in the US ?
      A friend is working on H1 and we are planning to get married.
      He wants to divorce his wife.

Thanks.
      -- comon you know better then us... txh1b is true.. some americans even desi people too get divorced easily, just prove that your spouse and you not suitable for eachother... thats it.. getting divorced is very easy in the USA.

Comment

Thanks.
        I'm single but the guy who I love is already married for 2 years. He's planning to divorce his wife in order to get married to me.

He is on L1A (General Manager of company of repute) and his wife is on L2. Will there be any visa related legal issues when they seek a divorce ?\
        I've to get married to him after the divorce, correct ?

Comment

What if the person that you love falls in love with another single lady after you get married to him and divorces you? The possibility does exist as you are doing the same to another girl that probably is in the dark about her husband's extra marital affair.

Hope the L2 sues the **** of the husband, gets 80% of the salary as alimony for cheating on her.

Don't be the reason for ruining marriages. Yours might end up the same way.

Good luck!
          Is this April fool's joke?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Don't know if its the best idea

Sorry if I might come out to be a little judgemental.

I am not sure if its a good idea to break / assist in breaking someone's marriage / relationship to pursue your own. I firmly believe in Karma. Its not for me to judge, but just an advice, the man who is willing to destroy his relationship of 2 years no matter how bad it is, might give up on you too after a while.

If he is already divorced / seperated, I don't think its wrong, however, if you are assisting him in getting divorce so you can remarry him... just doesn't seem right.

Again, its just my 2 cent..don't mean to be judgemental as I don't know the situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X