Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quota H1B to non-quota H1B

Hi All,

I am currently on a quota H1B visa and have found a job with a University ( non-quota H1B ) and would like to move. I have a few questions.

1. Can a simple H1B transfer be filed in this case or since I am moving from quota H1B to non quota H1B, is the process any different.

2. Also, the department is filing for a regular H1B transfer. They cannot do a premium processing. But they are saying that I can start working with them once they file for the transfer. Also, since its a big public university, they say, there shouldnt be any problem with the transfer. My question is - do transfers get denied normally. Is it safe for me to quit my current job and join the university after they file for the transfer. I am currently in a stable job but have to relocate to another state and hence am in this situation.

Any input will be very helpful.

Thanks

1. It is a simple transfer. Not any different.
    2. You can offer the $1000 to be safe and get it PPd. You can never know what is going to happen in this economy. In general, you can join after they file for H1b transfer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X