PIMS Verification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIMS Verification

I attended my H1B visa stamping interview today. The visa officer asked me a couple of questions and everything looked good. Then he said my application looks good but he said they have to do PIMS verification which would take one business day. He collected my passport too. As of now, everything looks good, but I don't know what they mean by this verification and I am little worried if that will affect my stamping in anyways. Also I was in F1 before and now I am changing my status to H1B. Please let me know if this is something that has happened to any one else. Is this something which has to be worried about?

Nothing to be worried about PMIS. It just verifies if the petition was truly approved by USCIS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Do you have any idea of how long they usually take to verify the information? I am little worried about the time frame as I have only 10 more days left to leave India. Also, do they do this verification for everyone or is it only for selected applicants? I wasn't sure why they wanted to this for me. I only took my original H1B approval notice with me for the interview.Your response is highly appreciated.

Comment

Max of 2-4 days

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response. Your time frame of 2-4 days makes me feel comfortable, however I was reading lots of post on the delays in PIMS verification processing in chennai consulate. Is it true, because that makes me very scary? Do you have any idea of whether they have streamlined this process now?

Comment

Name check, TAL Admin processing etc takes a while. PIMS does not.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X