X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 - 221g white form

Posting back in the correct forum.

Hi All,

My Wife attended the VISA interview for H4 at the Hyderabad Consulate yesterday. Though she was able to produce all the documents and answer the queries. They gave her the 221(g) white form, where they have ticked against the statement which read "The petition is being returned to USCIS for further Review, USCIS will contact your petitioner. Please wait for notification from the consulate General"

Point to be noted is that they have RETAINED the passport with them and also have taken our marriage photos album and other photo copies also.

Did anyone face the same thing. Any comments or posts on this would be a great relief.

Also, what is the difference between the colors of the 331g forms that people ususally receive ?

Thanks in Advance,
    Vijay

This is usually the case when there is something wrong with your application like status not maintained or fraudelent documents or something wrong with the employer's credentials or already blacklisted.

Comment

Hello Vijay Kumar,
      I received the white 221(g) form last year (i'm on H1B), and that was for security clearance. I got the visa with in 3 weeks!

Hope this helps!

Regards,
      Priya

Comment

Was your petition returned to the USCIS?

Comment

Thanks for the Response Priya...Hope my wife gets it too in 3 weeks.

ALL THE BEST to her

Regards,
          Vijay

Comment

Hi Orion,

I am not sure of whether they have sent the petition to USCIS or not as I am unable to track anything in this regard. Also, I or my company did not receive any call from the USCIS.

Thanks,
            Vijay

Comment

Hi All,

There is something strange happening in my wife's H4 VISA case. As I said she attended the interview at the Hyderabad US consulate on 06-APR-2009 and she received a 221g white color form, which stated that, some Administrative process needs to be performed on her petition.

Now,There is a link provided on the web site :

The strange thing that is happening, is that though it is updated till 17-APR-2009, my wife's VISA case number is not showing up there. My wife attended the interview on 06-APR-2009.

I am at a point where I can't even guess anything about my Wife's VISA. Why is that my wife's VISA case number didn't show up on the pdf file that is coming up here. ?

If anyone has any idea on this, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance,
              Vijay

Comment

Hi All,

I am very happy to let u all know that my wife got a VISA.

Q)What we did ?
                Ans:Exactly after one month we wrote a mail letting them know that, we are waiting on this and we have no place to track the status. Of course, we stated in the mail that my wife received a 221(g) initially in the mail and later in the mail we mentioned that, the consulate retained the VISA with them. But, the reply was that we need to wait until the consulate responds.

Next, after 3 days, we wrote another mail, mainly higlighting the point that they have retained the passport before mentioning the point that my wife received 221g form.

On the sameday, my wife received a call from the consulate and she was asked to attend the interview(we did not book another interview), again at the Hyderabad consulate the next day at 8:30 AM.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Interview Details:
                They said that, she can bring any government issued identity to the office and she will be taken care of, for attending the interview. And when she went there, she was taken to the window directly, and the VO asked for my LCA and I129, she had the LCA but not the I 129 as she has submitted all such documents, when she attended the interview, the first time and she conveyed the same to the VO.

Then VO, said it is ok and then apologized for the delay in issuing her the VISA and said that "we are issuing the VISA", you are free now, you can go and enjoy.

So, that is the end of a great suspense.

Thanks for all the support from this forum.

Regards,
                Vijay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X