Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa holder for US Visit

Hi Gurus,

Both me and my wife have H1 visas sponsored by two different Indian companies. My wife's company sent her US recently for long term. Now, my company is not sending me, even though I am asking for quite sometime. Its almost 1.5 years of my stamping, I didn't go to US. With the current market situation the chances are quite low. As I want to go to US, what is the best legal feasible way of entering US.

1. Can I go there, with my H1 visa ? Or Do I need to have H4 or B2 visa only?
    2. Can I go with H4 and stay there? Then convert H4 to H1, once I get a sponsor? Or do some study?
    3. If I get H4 stamped, will my H1 be invalid?

Request the seniors to advise the best possible way.

Regards,
    Bish

Both me and my wife have H1 visas sponsored by two different Indian companies. My wife's company sent her US recently for long term. Now, my company is not sending me, even though I am asking for quite sometime. Its almost 1.5 years of my stamping, I didn't go to US. With the current market situation the chances are quite low. As I want to go to US, what is the best legal feasible way of entering US.

1. Can I go there, with my H1 visa ? Or Do I need to have H4 or B2 visa only?

---- Traveling on H1 visa means you are joining the company and getting paid from day one. If that is not possible seek a H4 visa travel to US and continue stying there till you get an assignment

2. Can I go with H4 and stay there? Then convert H4 to H1, once I get a sponsor? Or do some study?

---- Yes, as written above

3. If I get H4 stamped, will my H1 be invalid?

---- No. Even if your H1 visa gets "canceled without prejudice" on the Passport your H1 petition is still valid

Subramanya

Comment

Brining to the top...

Comment

Originally posted by bpp9614 View Post
        Brining to the top...
        For what? You already have the answers

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}