Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on H1b status

Hi,
    I got my H1b visa in Dec 2008 and valid till 2011, but I am not planning to go to the US until 1 year. My employer is demanding some money till then and if I dont he says he can revoke my visa.Can my employer revoke my visa, if yes what r the ways that I can retain..?Can anyone help

I got my H1b visa in Dec 2008 and valid till 2011, but I am not planning to go to the US until 1 year. My employer is demanding some money till then and if I dont he says he can revoke my visa.Can my employer revoke my visa, if yes what r the ways that I can retain..?Can anyone help

---- If company A revokes your H1, you can transfer to company B while you are in India. If you have a valid visa stamped on your passport your employer can do nothing about it. However, it is illegal to travel on that visa once the H1 has been revoked. It is better to seek a new visa stamp with the H1 petition of the new employer

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Can u tell me the process of transferring to other employer while in India..

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Can u tell me the process of transferring to other employer while in India

---- Find an employer (based in US) and request for a transfer. They should be able to handle the rest of the issues

Subramanya

Comment

Find another employer

If he is demanding money right now, once you are in US, there is no guarantee of you getting paid. There are tons of fraud / black listed companies. I would strongly advice working with them. A lot of us have had really bad experience and I thought you should be warned.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X