Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

COS H1 to H4

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COS H1 to H4

    I am currently on H1 and my visa expires on May15th. I am planning to change my status to H4(dependent on my Husbands H1). I did find the interview questions and process discussed in detail in the site, but I guess that will be applicable for applying for H4 from home country and for stamping .

    Please advise what are the steps to be taken for H1 to H4 status change staying in US.

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Some one please advise.May be its a simple process, but I am really not finding teh exact procedure to be followed anywhere.
    Any help is appreciated.


    • #3
      Prior to your status loss,

      Fill out form I539. Follow instructions from USCIS site.

      Send proof of your current status(your H1 I797 docs, paystubs, I-94(front and back), passport copy, visa copy)

      What qualifies you for future status that you are requesting (H1 docs of spouse, recent paystubs of spouse, I797 Copy, I-94 Copy (front and back), marriage certificate.

      Enclose the fee needed and mail to the USCIS service center that your area falls under.

      Wait for approval.

      If you can't spent some time researching or reading about it, go with an attorney. They might charge 200-500 bucks.

      I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.


      • #4

        Thank you txh1b!!