Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 holder marrying illegal immigrant[URGENT]

Hi,
    My status is H-1 and I want to marry an illegal immigrant. She has over stayed for more than 5 years in US. I have the following questions:
    1. Will she get the visa adjustment or H-4 or any other status?
    2. How can we travel together to India and come back?
    3. How soon will we be able to travel?
    4. Can she get a travel authorization etc?

Please suggest the best possible way to make it work as we need to travel to india too to meet our parents.

No to all your questions. If the person overstayed for more than 365 days, a 10 year ban is applicable.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanx txh1b.

A lawyer has suggested that if an employer files labor certification kinda thing for her, she can get the work permit/authorization and then she can get the travel authorization. Moreover that can lead to a green card too. Is that true or is that lawyer fooling around for money?
      One more things is that, I'll be filing my green card application next month in EB-2. So if I get married and mention her as my wife, will she get the green card with me? and then we can travel?

Comment

The lawyer is fooling around, AFAIK. Unless the person marries a USC, there is no room for a GC.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks alot txh1b.
          I think you are right about the lawyer. I just came to know that she is listed in the family unity program too. Does that make any difference? I mean she is not a complete illegal immigrant. They have her records in the family unity case. But as per my understanding, as soon as she gets married to me, she will drop out of the family unity case too.
          I really appreciate your kind advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X