Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent question on H4.. Need Help

Hi all,

I am on H1B and my visa is going to expire on SEP 31 2009. I am getting married on may 17th 09 and planning to apply H4 visa for my wife on may 25th 09 in Hyderabad. My employer is telling me that this is not the right time to apply for extension and he said he will apply for extension after my return from India. I am in the same project from past 1.5 yrs and I can take client letter. Will there be any problem to get H4 for my wife if I have only 4 months visa left on H1B at the time of interview??

Thanks and Best regards,
    Vamsi

Hi all,

I am on H1B and my visa is going to expire on SEP 31 2009. I am getting married on may 17th 09 and planning to apply H4 visa for my wife on may 25th 09 in Hyderabad. My employer is telling me that this is not the right time to apply for extension and he said he will apply for extension after my return from India. I am in the same project from past 1.5 yrs and I can take client letter. Will there be any problem to get H4 for my wife if I have only 4 months visa left on H1B at the time of interview??

Thanks and Best regards,
    Vamsi

--- Getting an H4 visa stamp (till Sep 30, 2009) will not hamper your or your wife's travel to the US, provided it is prior to Sep 30, 2009. Once you are in the US, apply for an H1 (& H4) extension and you should be good for the next 3 years.

Thanks
    Rajesh

Comment

Hi,

I am on the same boat, I am planning to get marry in June and my H1b is valid till sept 30 2009. I did talk to my lawyer, as per his reply H4 could be issued but on the other hand, consulate may also ask her(wife) to wait till I get h1b extention.
      Please share your experience after your wife goes on interview.

Best of luck!!!

Thank & Regards,
      Harry

Comment

Thanks Rajesh for your help... Harry, I will definately post my experiance once I gone through the process..

Thanks,
        Vamsi

Comment

Hi Vamsi,

Please share if there is any update..

thx.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...