Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 - H1 COS, H1 Revoked, leap frog grace period .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 - H1 COS, H1 Revoked, leap frog grace period .

Hello txh1b,

I am working on L1-B with company A, and i have H1-B with COS from Company B approved from Oct 2008.
    Now company B said he has revoked my H1. after some googling and came to know that i am out of status which is illegal.
    i came to know to be on L1 status i have to do leapfrog, and wondering some posts saying even with this we may not get L1-B status.
    1.) if so i have to do before oct 2008 or even i can do now or any graceperiod?,
    2.)Is H1 revocation is possible with any new employer ?
    3.) In leapfrog process, how to get L1 I-94 in canada on return to US?

any directions ASAP will be highly appreciable.
    Last edited by neopras; 04-25-2009, 10:56 PM.

Read the many posts on the forum.

1. No grace period. You were working and residing illegally on L1.
    2. Not sure what this question means. Any employer can revoke the H1b as they wish.
    3. Read about it on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1 - H1 COS, H1 Revoked, leap frog grace period

txh1b,

i am confused with other cases, where most of the people done the leapfrog before Oct 1 st, where as i am almost residing illegally here for 7 months, so worrying it may create any problems when re-enter in to US.

If i travel by air, i cannot return the 1-94 to officers, so wondering how can i get new I 94?

Comment

You have reason to worry. Talk to a lawyer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by neopras View Post
          txh1b,

i am confused with other cases, where most of the people done the leapfrog before Oct 1 st, where as i am almost residing illegally here for 7 months, so worrying it may create any problems when re-enter in to US.

If i travel by air, i cannot return the 1-94 to officers, so wondering how can i get new I 94?
          Hi, Im in the same position as you. Would like to know what happened on your case. If you could send me the details. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ajaikrish View Post
            Hi, Im in the same position as you. Would like to know what happened on your case. If you could send me the details. Thanks
            If H1 was applied as COS and you have neither honored the COS nor done a "leap frog" by leaving before the COS effective date, then you pretty much are out of status and employment with L1 employer is illegal too. The longer is this illegal state the more the problems in the future.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X