Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 getting expired

Hi,

When I changed my employer, I received a new I-797 and I-94 with expiration date of 2011.

Though I’m having my above new I-797 and I-94 handy, recently I left US and entered US with my old I-94 and visa itself (lack of knowledge) so they issued latest I-94 as per visa expiration date which is 2009.

Now I’m having both I-94s. Which I-94 is valid?
    If latest issued I-94 is the only valid one, What should I do to get I-94 extension till 2011 without leaving US?

When I changed my employer, I received a new I-797 and I-94 with expiration date of 2011.

Though I’m having my above new I-797 and I-94 handy, recently I left US and entered US with my old I-94 and visa itself (lack of knowledge) so they issued latest I-94 as per visa expiration date which is 2009.

Now I’m having both I-94s. Which I-94 is valid?
    If latest issued I-94 is the only valid one, What should I do to get I-94 extension till 2011 without leaving US?

---- Go to the nearest CBP office at an Airport and get it corrected

Subramanya

Comment

I-94 getting expired !!

Hi tpmid143,

I have the same problem as you. I did not show the new approval notice from new employer at POE by thinking old one is still valid and got I-94 only till Oct10th, 2009 though I got a new petition from my new employer which is valid thru April 2011.

Did you go to CBP office and got your I-94 corrected? Is that possible? I posted the same question in yahoo answers and one person answered that I need to apply for a new petition extension.

Thanks,
      Babu

Comment

You can go to the CBP and get it corrected. You have to produce both I797s at POE and not just one.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I-94 getting expired !!

Can I directly go to CBP office and get my I-94 corrected? Is it so easy? Because we go through POE only when entering the country right, right now I am already in US!! That is why I am kind of wondering.

Thanks lot for your reply. I really appreciated.

Regards,
          Babu

Comment

You need to go to the deferred adjudication office of CBP at the airport ASAP.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X