Can I Travel while my H1 is in amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Travel while my H1 is in amendment

Can I travel to Puerto rico, US Virgin Islands while my H-1 visa is pending resolution? I have an approved H-1 but I applied for an amendment for automatic change of status as my H-1 was approved, but it came back without the I94 card and they asked me to go to Chennai, India (POE) for my stamping. Is it safe to travel to any of the above places, as the first place I am in this situation is because I traveled to India last year while my H-1 was being processed? Are they going to take my I-94 please advice?

Can I travel to Puerto rico, US Virgin Islands while my H-1 visa is pending resolution? I have an approved H-1 but I applied for an amendment for automatic change of status as my H-1 was approved, but it came back without the I94 card and they asked me to go to Chennai, India (POE) for my stamping. Is it safe to travel to any of the above places, as the first place I am in this situation is because I traveled to India last year while my H-1 was being processed? Are they going to take my I-94 please advice?

--- I am on an H1B visa and I traveled to Puerto Rico in Jan 2008. Only my valid US photo id was asked (I did carry my passport with H1B visa stamped).

Few of my colleagues also have traveled to Puerto Rico only to be asked their valid US photo id. The US government treats the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico as a US state/territory and you should not require your H1B petition or visa with you.

I have no idea about the US Virgin Islands. Someone with a travel experience to the Islands can help you out.

Thanks
    Rajesh

Comment

Thanks Rajesh

Thanks a lot for your feedback Rajesh, appreciate it. Hope someone will give me info on VI too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X