Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of entry- accompnying parents on B2

Hello,

I got H1 b last year, could not travel due to bad conditions in Us, now my employer want me to join in june. My company/place of work is in NJ.

My sister stays in near chicago, both my parents have visit visas. they are planning to visit my sister in june .I want to take my parents along with me to my sister place as this is their first travel to US.

My question is can i enter US through chicago as my first port of entry. will there be any problem as my place of work is NJ.This is my 1st travel to US on H1b, earlier i had traveled on B1.

Is there any condition should i enter through NJ as port of entry.

Thanks

I got H1 b last year, could not travel due to bad conditions in Us, now my employer want me to join in june. My company/place of work is in NJ.

My sister stays in near chicago, both my parents have visit visas. they are planning to visit my sister in june .I want to take my parents along with me to my sister place as this is their first travel to US.

My question is can i enter US through chicago as my first port of entry. will there be any problem as my place of work is NJ.This is my 1st travel to US on H1b, earlier i had traveled on B1.

Is there any condition should i enter through NJ as port of entry.

---- You can enter US from any POE. Ensure that you have an employment letter with you stating that you will be joining them by a certain date. This is if the IO asks for it. Otherwisw everything should be fine

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a lot.

One more doubt, what address should i mention in I 94....my sister's address ( 1st place i will go)or company address.

Comment

One more doubt, what address should i mention in I 94....my sister's address ( 1st place i will go)or company address.[/QUOTE]

---- Company address as that will be your final destination for H1). As far as your parents are concerned the address may be your sister's as that iw where they will reside during their period of stay in the US

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a lot ....i was a kind of busy these days so could not log in .....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X