About H1B Cancellation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About H1B Cancellation

This is my first time here at the forums, I went through FAQ and could not find an answer to my question.

I was laid off by company B a month back. My H1B with company A (previous employer) was sent for cancellation a week before I was laid off at company B, ruling out any possibility of going back to company A.
    Now, Can company A still file for a transfer of H1B inspite of the alreadt sent cancellation?

Please clarify.

They could however the approval is based off your last paycheck that proves your valid status. As a month has passed, it is going to be tough.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

well, technically my last paystub was dated April 15th.
      Can a company file a H1B again after sending a cancellation?

Comment

Why can't they if they decide to re-hire someone? Happens all the time with many companies that pink slip employees and call them back later when things improve.

Your last paycheck was 3 weeks old and that should be your main concern than the issue about ex-employer reapplying for H1b again.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X