Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job situation in US (?!)

Hi,
    Has the job situation in US improved? Would it be risky if I quit a stable job here in India and come to US? I have my H1B visa done through a small consultant company there. The visa was stamped last year in October itself but I have delayed my travel.
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wait it out till the end of this year at the very least. Remember, you have a job, with your sponsor and they need to pay you from day 1 for you to be in status, project or not. That is the law!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by suvasini View Post
      Hi,
      Has the job situation in US improved? Would it be risky if I quit a stable job here in India and come to US? I have my H1B visa done through a small consultant company there. The visa was stamped last year in October itself but I have delayed my travel.
      Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
      -- all desi consultant people have the same problem..
      -- omm

Comment

Thanks for your replies!

I read from the previous posts that if I decide to come to US early next year(2010), I would need the latest offer letter from my consultant and with that it should not be a problem.

But my consultant tells me that it WILL be a problem at the POE as they might question why I didnt travel earlier. I am not sure if he is saying this because he wants me travel earlier to US. Please advise on this.

Thanks!

Comment

But my consultant tells me that it WILL be a problem at the POE as they might question why I didnt travel earlier. I am not sure if he is saying this because he wants me travel earlier to US. Please advise on this.

---There wont be any problem if you have a current offer letter. If you dont wish to travel now, there are many valid reasons to tell at POE without any issues.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That was reassuring.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X