Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name correction in passport,visa and i94...pl help...urgent

hi..
    i ve a problem with my name in my passport and hence in US visa its given as FNU in the first name and the same in the i94 as well.so the ssn was also issued as FNU but i could not get my drivers license because of FNU in the ssn..so i started it by correcting it in the passport first which was successful..but when i went to the ssn office with my corrected name in passport they said it needs to match with the i94.so when i called CBP(for getting my i94 corrected) they said they cannot do a name correction at their office and that i cd do it by travelling out of US n then come back n get the i94 corrected.but im really concerned abt travelling out of US coz again while coming back if they write the name as it is in the visa then again the first name would be FNU....and now im stuck without knowing what to do .should i be correcting it in the visa or i94 if so how..pl help me on this..thanks in advance

If you write the correct name on the I-94 as per the split on the passport's latest observation recorded as your First and Last name, it is not going to be a problem at POE.

Even though they have FNU in the first name as per visa, I know some that have written the correct split on the I-94 as per the passport name correction and have got DL, SSN everything with the right names on it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      If you write the correct name on the I-94 as per the split on the passport's latest observation recorded as your First and Last name, it is not going to be a problem at POE.

Even though they have FNU in the first name as per visa, I know some that have written the correct split on the I-94 as per the passport name correction and have got DL, SSN everything with the right names on it.
      thank u very much..so u say that its better to go out of US and then come back with the new corrected passport and enter the name correctly in the i94?.because the last time when i entered US i tried to write the correct name in the i94,but the officer changed it to FNU because it did not match with his records..pl advice me on this.

Comment

The case that I know had
        FN: FNU
        LN: ABC DEF

In reality, FN: ABC, LN: DEF. That was entered on the I-94 and everything was obtained as per the FN LN format.

The person has an observation on PP saying FN: ABC, LN: DEF and IO did not have a problem at POE.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X