Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa

Hi,

I came to US on H4 last year Apr 2008 and had applied for H1 through a consultancy. I got my H1 approved and was hence eligable to start work for the employer from Oct 1. I got my SSN number also. But, I did not get a suitable project till April 2009 and hence do not have any pay stubs. I do not have H1 stamp on my passport. I am back in india now.
    1) Can I go back to US on H1?
    2) Can I get H1 transfer? Should I ask my employer to cancel my H1?
    3) Was my stay at US illegal? I had givenm my employer a letter for a long personal leave.
    4) Can I go to US on a B1? I have a Business visa too.
    5) Can I do a B1 to H1 transfer?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by meetselva View Post
    Hi,

I came to US on H4 last year Apr 2008 and had applied for H1 through a consultancy. I got my H1 approved and was hence eligable to start work for the employer from Oct 1. I got my SSN number also. But, I did not get a suitable project till April 2009 and hence do not have any pay stubs. I do not have H1 stamp on my passport. I am back in india now.
    1) Can I go back to US on H1?
    No you cannot, you will need to prove that they have a job for you.
    2) Can I get H1 transfer? Should I ask my employer to cancel my H1?
    You will need paystubs for H1.
    3) Was my stay at US illegal? I had givenm my employer a letter for a long personal leave.
    That was a big mistake. Now you cannot even claim unpaid wages by complaining to DOL since the employer can produce this **** leave letter. Your stay was not illegal, but you were out of status all that time.

4) Can I go to US on a B1? I have a Business visa too.
    You can go, but you will still need to have a business purpose to justify entering on B1 visa.
    5) Can I do a B1 to H1 transfer?
    COS from B1 is mostly not allowed, and entering in B1 status itself is difficult.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    If your husband is maintaining H1 status, you can get an H4 visa to enter. COS from H4 may be possible if you later find a suitable job.
    Last edited by kabkaba; 05-16-2009, 08:53 PM.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X