Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIB extension Question

HI

I completed my Master's from the United States in 2004 on a F1 visa. After my master's I got a position with a Firm, which sponsored me for an H1-B Visa. My Visa expired in May'08 after which I decided to move back home and start my own business. But things didn't work according to plan with the tough market conditions. Now I want to go back to the US, I would appreciate if you would be kind enough to answer few queries that I have:

(1) If I get the same position with my ex-company will I need to file an extension or will I have to refile a new HI-B ?

(2) How will the Visa situation work if I get a job with a new company?

Originally posted by sanity123 View Post
    HI

I completed my Master's from the United States in 2004 on a F1 visa. After my master's I got a position with a Firm, which sponsored me for an H1-B Visa. My Visa expired in May'08 after which I decided to move back home and start my own business. But things didn't work according to plan with the tough market conditions. Now I want to go back to the US, I would appreciate if you would be kind enough to answer few queries that I have:

(1) If I get the same position with my ex-company will I need to file an extension or will I have to refile a new HI-B ?

(2) How will the Visa situation work if I get a job with a new company?
    -- you worked for H1B before.. if you are going to same company then no problem, you can enter on H1B of your sponsored employer.
    I did not understand your problem clearly.
    --Omm

Comment

Omm: My visa expired in May'08 and I moved back home. If I didn't decide to move back, I could have filed for another 3-year extension.

But since i did, how will the H1 situation pan out for me now, will I need an extension or a new H1?

Comment

The FAQ answers this. Remainder option is key word for search.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X