Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b --> b1/b2 --> h1b URGENT

hello all,
    i had to quit my job due to personal reasons and last day of work is 29th may. i want to look for another job but since i will be out of status -

1 - should i do a COS to b1/b2 ? is that advised? are there any complications because of that? which one would i have to apply b1 or b2?
    2 - will i be able to change back to h1b once i get a new job? i know that it will be a new h1b petition but will that be easily approved?
    3 - another option could be to join a college and come on f1? but i am not sure which one is better h1b to b1/b2 or h1b to f1

could you please help me out..

i had to quit my job due to personal reasons and last day of work is 29th may. i want to look for another job but since i will be out of status -

1 - should i do a COS to b1/b2 ? is that advised? are there any complications because of that? which one would i have to apply b1 or b2?

---- There are no complications in this context. B1 and B2 are one aand the same. They are meant for tourist and business purposes

2 - will i be able to change back to h1b once i get a new job? i know that it will be a new h1b petition but will that be easily approved?

---- Yes, you can change. The COS depends on your past record on H1 like if you were out of status, did not get paid and such other things

3 - another option could be to join a college and come on f1? but i am not sure which one is better h1b to b1/b2 or h1b to f1

---- That is purely your decision since changing to F1 you are interested in some academic pursuits and if in the midst of it you get your H1 approved, you have to choose the options

Subramanya

Comment

how do i change my status from h1b to b2?
      should i hire a lawyer to do so?
      or can i file form i 539 by myself? i read somewhere that if i want to change status from h1b to anything else i will have to file i 129? is that correct? please help

Comment

how do i change my status from h1b to b2?
        should i hire a lawyer to do so?
        or can i file form i 539 by myself? i read somewhere that if i want to change status from h1b to anything else i will have to file i 129? is that correct? please help

---- Yes, you can file the I-539 all by yourself

---- I-129 is only for employment based petitions like H1

---- This form will be filed by your employer when you change from B1 to H1

Subramanya

Comment

what reason should i give for the b2 visa? i want to apply for jobs but should i give this reason or should i say tourism, meet frends etc?

Comment

also my passport expires in 3 months so would the b2 be approved only for 3 months? i have already applied for extension but that may not come before my last date.. can i mention in the cover letter that i have extended my passport?

Comment

H1b to B2 to H1b

Hi,
              This time lot of good guys and gals are being laid off due to bad economy. Do you think you can update us about your experience from H1b to B2 to H1b ? What reason did you use to get B2 status ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X