Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving License after I94 Expiry

Hi ,

My driving licence expired on the day my I 94 expired . I got a limited term 60 days extension on my DL which also expired in April and DMV will not issue me another extension now . My question is is there any ways I can get another extension of DL or is there any legal way of driving a car after DL expiry like driving on Indian Licence etc ?

Thanks

Originally posted by sandy175 View Post
    Hi ,

My driving licence expired on the day my I 94 expired . I got a limited term 60 days extension on my DL which also expired in April and DMV will not issue me another extension now . My question is is there any ways I can get another extension of DL or is there any legal way of driving a car after DL expiry like driving on Indian Licence etc ?

Thanks

Most of the DMV's will extend the DL for 6 months from the date of I94 expiry- if your case is pending.
    being said, prove your petition is still pending with CIS and You should be able get DL extension, may be ask for the next level of service if the person sitting on the DMV counter refuse to do that.

Comment

NJ Driving License Renewal with H1 Extension Notice?

I have got my H1 extension approved and also got the original approval notice with the new I-94. But the new I-94 doesn't display the revised expiry date(i.e. end 2012).

My NJ license was expired in Jan. 2008 and i would like to renew the same. Now, will the NJ DMV accept the H1 extension approval notice and renew my driving license? I am worried if they insist on seeing the revised expiry date on the new I-94.

Please advise.

Comment

Hi Kudla,

I am not sure abt your H1 approved petition but typically any H1 extended petition with I-94 will have 2 parts at bottom.

Right part - which is the actual I-94 which you need to staple to your passport and it WILL NOT show any extended dates/date period on it.

Left Part - which says "Detach this Half for Personal Record" will show details Class , Petitoner Name and also the Validity Dates.

So are you saying that you don;t have dates displayed in the Bottom Left part of H1 petition also?

Anyway you can just take the approved petition with you (top part) which will have the vailidity dates and DMV office should be able to give you DL on the basis of that

Thanks and regards,
        Abhay

Comment

Originally posted by abhayg4 View Post
          Hi Kudla,

I am not sure abt your H1 approved petition but typically any H1 extended petition with I-94 will have 2 parts at bottom.

Right part - which is the actual I-94 which you need to staple to your passport and it WILL NOT show any extended dates/date period on it.

Left Part - which says "Detach this Half for Personal Record" will show details Class , Petitoner Name and also the Validity Dates.

So are you saying that you don;t have dates displayed in the Bottom Left part of H1 petition also?
          I do have left and the right parts. But they asked us to staple only the right part, which does not show any date periods.

Anyway you can just take the approved petition with you (top part) which will have the vailidity dates and DMV office should be able to give you DL on the basis of that

Thanks and regards,
          Abhay
          I would be carrying the top and left part, but the question is that sufficient?
          Would there be any questions because the visa and the I-94 does not reflect the extension approved?

Thanks.

Comment

Visa doesn't even need to be valid to get a DL. Visa is just an entry doucment. As suggested carry the original approval notice, valid passport and the left and right portion of the I-94 (which is still valid) along with the other required documents listed in the DMV website and you should be good.

Originally posted by Kudla View Post
            I do have left and the right parts. But they asked us to staple only the right part, which does not show any date periods.

I would be carrying the top and left part, but the question is that sufficient?
            Would there be any questions because the visa and the I-94 does not reflect the extension approved?

Thanks.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
              Visa doesn't even need to be valid to get a DL. Visa is just an entry doucment. As suggested carry the original approval notice, valid passport and the left and right portion of the I-94 (which is still valid) along with the other required documents listed in the DMV website and you should be good.
              Thank You.

Comment

I am staying in Indianapolis. I do have same issue My i-94 Expire on Feb 3rd 2012, My driviing licensed also expired on the same day.
                Our company applied for my extension on Jan 19th.

When i approach the BMV, they are not extending the license. They are saying they cannot help as per the rule, they require the Approval notice.

Would some one please let me know if there is any option to get my DL renewed?

Comment

Hi ,
                  Usually DMV have the policy to temporary extend the licence for 60 days free of cost once ur DL is expired and have applied for extension .

After 60 days if you show them your original acknowledgement notice as the proof that you have applied ur extension and it is still in USCIS , they will renew ur DL for 1 year .

IMPORTANT : The next 1 year renewal you can only get from the Tax collector office and not from regular DMV office .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X