Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Urgent I-797

Hi,

I got the approval for the My H1B Transfer on Apr 2009.Right now i am in vacation in india.When i looked at my I 797 it show wrong Date of Birth.My actual date of birth is 03 Dec 1980. It is printed like this 03/12/1980.i am go back to USA on 24 May 2009.My visa shows the old company A details.i thought of showing company B I797 with current Visa.i am very afarid since my date of birth is printed wrongly in the I797.

Please somebody help me with this.

Thanks
    Ramesh Babu.

I got the approval for the My H1B Transfer on Apr 2009.Right now i am in vacation in india.When i looked at my I 797 it show wrong Date of Birth.My actual date of birth is 03 Dec 1980. It is printed like this 03/12/1980.i am go back to USA on 24 May 2009.My visa shows the old company A details.i thought of showing company B I797 with current Visa.i am very afarid since my date of birth is printed wrongly in the I797.

---- Your DOB is printed correctly. The month Dec. has been changed to number 12 and DEc. is the 12th month. Everything else is fine . You do not have to worry about it in the least

Subramanya

Comment

Very Urgent I-797

Hi,

In USA the date format is MM/DD/YYYY.Actually i should be printed like this 12/03/1980 Instead it prints 03/12/1980.Will it be any problem?

Thanks
      Ramesh Babu.

Comment

You should show the current company's I797 at entry even if your DOB is wrong. If noticed and asked, you could explain. After you get back, get your lawyer correct it by filing an amendment with USCIS immediately.

They have your visa, passport to verify your correct DOB. Also carry your birth certificate. I don't see it to be a huge issue to be afraid of but it needs to be corrected as soon as you enter.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X