Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer and company acquisition-Seniors help

Hi All,
    Below is my situation. And I would like comments/thought from seniors on this situation

I came to US on H4 and subsequently got a H1B from a consulting company A. I have worked for them for abt 2 yrs. Now I got an offer to join an Company B which I was very interested to join. The H1 transfer has been initiated.
    Today got to hear that Company B, is being acquired by another company. So I'm worried that if I join Company B, my H1 status maybe in jeopardy. But company B tells me they still want me to join them though they cant promise anything

I would like your advice on
    1. What do think would be a wise move? To stick to A or move to B
    2.Generally when a company is acquired are people in the company laid off
    3.Is there any law which says that an employer must give ‘x’ months notice before firing or is it purely dependent on the company. I ask this because I want to know if there is a mandatory notice duration(which will help me find an another employer to maintain status)
    4. If I join company B and am laid off, do I loose my H1 status immediately or is there a grace period
    5.Also will an acquisition affect my H1 transfer.ie) will a RFE be raised as the company I join maybe acquired

Thanks in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X