Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issued twice 221g Blue Slip at Chennai consulate

Hi All

I had appeared for the H1-B Visa appointment at Chennai consulate on December 15th 2008. I was given a Blue Slip requesting for additional documents to support my case. I have provided all the documents requested at VFS counter at Hyderabad on 16 Feb 2009. On 20 Feb 2009 I was sent another Blue Slip (221g) with column checked “Your application requires Additional Administrative Processing before a final decision can be made. This office will contact you once this administrative processing is completed ”.

Can any one tell how much time it will take to complete the administrative processing.

Regards

Venkat

Hi Venkat,

There are lot of posts may be thousands of them related to ur question/query.
    You can go thru them to see that how long it has taken for each of those individuals....

answer to ur query is - it depends on individual to individual .....if u see posts ...u'll find it has taken for some people around 1 week and to some for 3 months /even more....
    So there is no definite answer to it.....

Only thing I can say is if they have kept ur passport /I-797A , then there are pretty good chances that u will get it soon....

best of Luck...

regards,
    Abhay

Comment

I appeared for the H1-B Visa at Chennai consulate on December 15th 2008. It’s all most all 8 months since I have been waiting for any definite status on my visa processing, he Administration Process is underway.

Recently I was offered an opportunity in a different company but I had to decline it as my present company visa was under process, also since my present company is planning to shift its operations to US, I may not be able to continue with my current job for long since my H1B is on hold. This delay is in a way impacting my career growth.

All my original documents (job related) are with the US Consulate at Chennai, and this is stalling my efforts in looking for other opportunities.

I lost all Hopes on Visa

Can any one tell me ….How can I cancel my processing (AAP) and how can i get my original documents back?

Thanks in advance …

Regards

Venkat
      Last edited by venkat_hyd; 08-13-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Venkat,

What happend to your case? Did you get Visa stamp?
        Please share your experiences as this will help a lot of people like you and me.

Originally posted by venkat_hyd View Post
        I appeared for the H1-B Visa at Chennai consulate on December 15th 2008. It’s all most all 8 months since I have been waiting for any definite status on my visa processing, he Administration Process is underway.

Recently I was offered an opportunity in a different company but I had to decline it as my present company visa was under process, also since my present company is planning to shift its operations to US, I may not be able to continue with my current job for long since my H1B is on hold. This delay is in a way impacting my career growth.

All my original documents (job related) are with the US Consulate at Chennai, and this is stalling my efforts in looking for other opportunities.

I lost all Hopes on Visa

Can any one tell me ….How can I cancel my processing (AAP) and how can i get my original documents back?

Thanks in advance …

Regards

Venkat

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X