Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to india after h1b transfer without paystubs

Hello!

Your valuable guidance is much appreciated for my situation.

I transferred from company A in U.S to a consulting company B in U.S. I have not started working for company B since I had to handle some issues. My current company (B) says that I could work in their off shore development office in India for a little while until things clear up in U.S.
    I dont have any pay stubs from company B but my opinion is that they are somewhat trust worthy.
    Before I go to india, should I ask company B to officially employ me briefly so that I have employment record with company B in U.S? Will this help my family to obtain visas when we go for stamping in India? My company says that if they start employing me here now, it will be problematic since there would be a break in employment when I go to India for a while. Should I still go ahead and still work briefly over here (like 1 pay cycle -> 15 days) so that I have some US employment record when I go for stamping?
    Your timely reply will be invaluable for me. Thanks

-Ramesh

What is the point in employing you in their offshore branch? What is meant by "until things clear up here"? What if Obama wants USCIS to keep things the way they are for all the time until he is the president? How long was your break in employment? More information is needed to answer.

Comment

Hello Orion,

Thanks for your reply.

The point of employing me at the offshore branch is that my skills in Java technologies are shaky and I could refresh them in india (get certified) and then go work in their offshore development center where Java technology development is taking place for their product. Thereby, I could gain from some hands on experience.

By 'things clearing up here', I actually meant that I become somewhat proficient in Java technologies so that I am marketable in U.S. The plan, I think, is to attend interviews for U.S positions while working in their offshore branch until I get one. Then I would try to come to U.S. During stamping, the idea is that it would seem like I had gone for some off shore co-ordination at the offshore company branch.

Unfortunately, it has been a little more than 5 months since my visa transfered over to consultant company B but I have not officially joined them in their records. I was marketed for different technology positions during this time but nothing materialized.

Thanks again. I know my situation is dicy but your insight will be very helpful.

-Ramesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X