Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(G) white slip at hyd

Hi all,
    Me and my wife had our visa extension interview today at Hyd consulate.....The visa office did not look at any of the documents I had....asked only couple of questions and told they need to do some admin process and handed me a white 221(G) slip.....she did not check any documents to be provided me or my employer.. ......she kept the passports with her and told if i dont hear back within two weeks need to email them.......When I asked her if any documents need to be provided by me she said no................suprised to see a 221(g) slip without asking for any documents.......just wanted to share the experience.......anybody with similar exp...........do let me know....

I too

I(My Wife) too had the same experience. She went for L2 stamping(first time).

She showed all the documents to the VO but no luck. We are also waiting for the reply from Hyd consulate. I wrote couple of mails to the consulate but got same reply all the time "Your case requires administrative process and consulate will contact you once the process is completed".

Could you please post your status once you got.

Thanks.

Comment

I think our visa is approved ....I jsut checked the passport delivery status on VFS website ..."Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in Hyderabad between 1500-1600 hours.
      Kindly produce your HDFC fee receipt and interview appointment letter at the time of collecting your passport.
      If your passport is not collected by 1600 hrs, it will be automatically dispatched to you by courier. " .......Hoping to receive the passports in couple of days......................Good luck to you ....

Comment

B1 Visa

This is Abdul Kareem Shaik, I was attended B1 (Case Type BEP) interview on. 9th of Feb'11.Inverviwer asked me to provide some info at another counter. I went there, she given a paper and asked me to fill, I provided education and job details information then they taken my passport and given a Case number and told me to check the status after 5 days. But they didn’t take any of my Education Certificates and appointment and work experience letters. I spoke to Customer care today @ 0120 - 6611411 after check the case number in website where shown as 'Your case is currently undergoing processing' and provided my passport number to them. But there were saying that they didn’t receive any passport till now. Actually I had given my passport and they given a case number at my interview point. Any idea on this?
        Please do needful help regards on this.

Thanks
        Abdul Kareem shaik

Comment

Hi Abdul Karim

Did you get your visa .I have a same case since March 14th 2011 .Please let me know the details of your case and did you get any positive reply from them .

Thanks
          Syed Ibrahim

Comment

Hey,

I received my visa.

Comment

got 221g white slips two times hyd consulate

Hi All,
              I am also facing same issue with 221g white slip(message saying "Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made"). i attended H1B visa interview on 9th March 2012, VO took my passport and some documents(complete notarized employees list & tax returns statements of employer). After 3 business(14th march 2012) working days, they returned my passport with 221g white slip(without case number & same message) again. Please let me know the similar experiences.....

Thanks,
              Ranga Rao
              Last edited by rangaraob; 03-14-2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Hi Ranga,

Ru EC or EVC Model?

Comment

got 221g white slips additional administrative processing hyd consulate

Hi All,

I got 221g (message saying "Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made"). I attended H1B interview on 2nd March 2012, VO returned my passport with 221g. VO asked me to wait for 2 weeks. Can any let me know how to know the status for the same and share the same experience.

Comment

Originally posted by krishna1234 View Post
                    Hi Ranga,

Ru EC or EVC Model?
                    Hi krishna1234,

Its a InHouse product. I am working in same employer(offshore development team) since 1.8 years. one more update, today consulate people visted my company and they took our projects demo, my team photos.

Thanks,
                    Ranga Rao
                    Last edited by rangaraob; 03-15-2012, 05:05 AM. Reason: spell mistake

Comment

hi ranga
                      did you get any update on your case?
                      How was your Visa INterview? did the officer ask you to sign any doc based on your answers??

Comment

Originally posted by s_kumarg77 View Post
                        hi ranga
                        did you get any update on your case?
                        How was your Visa INterview? did the officer ask you to sign any doc based on your answers??
                        Yes one more update. Consulate people visited my USA office too. VO didn't ask any signature or etc...

Below are the interview questions asked by VO.
                        VO: Hi, Good morning sir, how are you?
                        Me: Very good morning sir, i am good and how about you?

VO: Where are you working currently?
                        Me: I am working for YYYY , India. Which is located at ZZZ, YYYY .

VO: How long have you been working?
                        Me: Since 1.8 Years.

VO: what is the company you are going to workin in USA?
                        Me: I will work for YYYY , YYYY , YYYY .

VO: What will you are working there? is it Inhouse or client project?
                        Me: I will work for ZZZproject. Its InHouse

VO: What is ZZZProject?
                        Me: I explanined my project with clear description.

VO: Could you please provide your project description?
                        Me: I given Response to RFE with some explanation.(Petition filing itself got RFE)

VO: This project description is not sufficient, do you have clear explanation?
                        Me: Yes i have, i provided YYYY project description(10 pages document).

VO: Do you have employer tax returns?
                        Me: Yes i have and provided tax returns and bank statements bundle.

VO: Do you have employees list for USA company?
                        Me: Yes, provided notarized employee list.

VO: did you read white pamplet?
                        Me: Yes sir.

VO: He verified all the documents and he took 30 minitues time to review the document and given 221(g) document? (He checked one check box saying "Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made") .
                        Me: Thanks you sir, have a nice day.

Friends, could you please let me know is it positive sign or ???
                        Last edited by rangaraob; 03-27-2012, 02:48 AM.

Comment

rangaraob

@rangaraob
                          Hi there, you mentioned consulate people visited your office..! in my case two officers from USCIS also visited my employers office 4 weeks ago..! i got green slip from new delhi consulate in month of dec.11..! they did employer's verification after so long..!!! in your case i guess your pretty lucky that they visited your employer in short time..!!! i have not heard anything back from the embassy after their visit though..!!! but they did mention, everything looks fine and they will send report back to india and your employee should be back soon..!!! lets hope for the best...! keep me posted if you get any response from them..!! Thanks..!

Comment

221(g) white form received at New Delhi Consulate

I was also given white form at New Delhi consulate and the VO told me that I should hear something in 2 weeks and sometime it can be 3-4 weeks in some cases. It has been 3 weeks, no update yet.

I don't understand one thing, my company's lawyer did warn me that chances of this happening very high. I had sent all the document for H-1b petition to them in very first week of April 2011, but they filled the petition in November and that premium processing because time shortage. My OPT started in March and was valid for 1 year. If the attorney had filled petition in April and I had come India for stamping when I had at least 6 months left on my OPT, I could have at least gone back to US and then waiting would have not been this painful.

Comment

Is it possible to use OPT when H1 is in 221g

Originally posted by Uvy View Post
                              I was also given white form at New Delhi consulate and the VO told me that I should hear something in 2 weeks and sometime it can be 3-4 weeks in some cases. It has been 3 weeks, no update yet.

I don't understand one thing, my company's lawyer did warn me that chances of this happening very high. I had sent all the document for H-1b petition to them in very first week of April 2011, but they filled the petition in November and that premium processing because time shortage. My OPT started in March and was valid for 1 year. If the attorney had filled petition in April and I had come India for stamping when I had at least 6 months left on my OPT, I could have at least gone back to US and then waiting would have not been this painful.

I have my OPT valid till June 2012. Is there any way for me to go to US on this as my H1 is undergoing 221g admin process and I dont know how long it takes..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X