Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B-F1 Visa Transfer

Hi,
    I completed my Masters in Dec 2007 and i am in H1B status from october 2008(I haven't got my H1B stamped yet). Also i am having my F1 Visa left for 2 more years. I was laid off by my client during december 2008 and i have my paystubs till Jan 15 2009. But my employer haven't revoked my visa yet. Now i am planning to go for MBA program and need to transfer my visa to F1. I already received the I20 from the university. My question is:

could you tell me the ways of converting my visa to F1 and which one do you suggest more?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

COS is not possible since you are out of status, unless you complain to the DOL about not getting paid.
    You may enter using your previous visa and new I-20.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H1-F1 Transfer

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply. I have changed my plans of COS and decided to go back to India and return back to U.S with new I20 and F1 visa (which is valid for 3 more years). Since my H1 is approved, will i face any problems while reentering U.S. I believe i don't have to go to embassy for stamping because of valid F1 Visa. Please let me know if i am wrong. Actually i could not find this information anywhere in the USCIS website. Could you tell me if any of this information is documented. Your response is highly important to me.

Thank You

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X