Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel outside US while change of status in process

Hi,

I am currently on H1B Visa and my company has applied for a change of status from H1B to L1A.
    This is being processed under premium and am expecting the result by mid June.

Actually my assignment is ending by end of June and so I might have to travel back to India by end of month.

So my question is that by end of this month if I don't get the petition approved and if I have to travel outside US, its considered as abandonment. But is there any process through which I can avoid this abandonment. Is there a process like canceling the petition or something due to unavoidable travel outside US.

Please advise.

Have they filed a new L1 petition for you? In that case you may appear for L1 visa interview in India and return on L1 whenever your company wants to send you. Petition will not be void by travel.
    COS application is your own application (based on a previously approved L1 petition), that will be void if you travel. But, then again you can return on an L1 visa if the petition is still valid.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X