Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Loss of job

hi,
    I came to US in Feb 2007, In Feb 2009 i change the job and h1 was tranfer from company A to company B. My visa is now valid till 31st Aug and my project ends on 14th July. I am searching for project but not getting any interview calls , chances look very slim that i will get a job in 1 month period. So i was thinking of going back to India and search for a job there, what will be the status of my h1, will i lose my status? What will be the consequences of leaving the country and coming back after i get the job? Company B is filing for H1b extension , will i get h1b extension if i dont have any projects in hand?
    Please advice if there is anything i can do to save my h1 if i dont get a job and i dont leave the country.
    Thanks.

hi,
    I came to US in Feb 2007, In Feb 2009 i change the job and h1 was tranfer from company A to company B. My visa is now valid till 31st Aug and my project ends on 14th July. I am searching for project but not getting any interview calls , chances look very slim that i will get a job in 1 month period. So i was thinking of going back to India and search for a job there, what will be the status of my h1, will i lose my status?
    ---of course, yes.
    What will be the consequences of leaving the country and coming back after i get the job?
    ---coming after getting job? where? India?

Company B is filing for H1b extension , will i get h1b extension if i dont have any projects in hand?
    ---Maybe. It's employer's responsibility. as long as you have pay stubs, you're good.

Please advice if there is anything i can do to save my h1 if i dont get a job and i dont leave the country.

--- Ask your employer to run payroll.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X