Marriage Certificate for H4 VISA, while husband away in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Certificate for H4 VISA, while husband away in USA

I am in US for past 2 and processing for H4 Dependent VISA. I am married for past 5 years but, didnt apply for marriage certificate while I was in INDIA. My Wife has all the necessary documents/proof required for processing the Marriage Certificate. However, I wont be able to travel to India for next few months. In this situation, what is the Legal reprocedure available for my Wife for processing Marriage Certitifcate with the Registrar? Is it possible for her to process it in my absence? If not, what is Legal alternatel solution available which is acceptable in US Consulate for dependent VISA interview?

Can she process marriage certificate in MRO office (AP, INDIA)? Is it approved for H4 VISA?

Any suggestion in processing this request in my absence, would be helpful.

You're talking like an American. We all know how it works in India: money talks.

Anyways, your wife has all required documentation of proof of marriage, and so she can get a marriage cert from MRO office. And that will be accepted at consulate.

Comment

Marriage certificate in Hyderabad

I got married 2 years ago but did not register the marriage. Now my husband is in US and I have to go for dependant visa. For this I need marriage certificate. But my husband is not here. Can anyone please let me know what is the process to get it when my husband is not here.

Comment

go to that marraige certiticate place - and show rupees

Comment

Hi OP,

That's true ....money talks..
          I have seen a case where Marriage certificate was issued without husband and wife. It was issued to their parents...
          so go with your relative/any experienced member who knows how to handle these things...

Thanks and Regards,
          Abhay

Comment

Help Requested

@ lillyvanam /@ SHIV6334

Can you guys help me as I am in same situation. I want to how you guys handled situtation.
            Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Hi,

I am stuck in the same situation..my husband is in US and I need to go on a dependent visa.But I don't have a marriage certificate.
              Although my passport contains the name of my husband.
              Can I get a marriage certificate with him not being physically present here?
              What else can be a workaround for this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X