H1-B Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Stamping

I came to New Delhi, India for my H1-B Stamping in November 2007 and my Visa interview was on 2 November, 2007. My visa processing was put under 221 G processing. I was issued the visa on 2 June 2009, which is valid till 28 September 2010. I would like to know the following things:

1. Have I lost this time (2 Nov 2007 - 2 June 2009) from the 3 Years of stipulated duration of H1-B?

2. Will I loose this time (2 June 2009 - 28 September 2010) from the 3 Years of stipulated duration, if I do not request my employer to cancel my H1-B?

3. I still have the job open for me, but my family situation does not allow me to return to US as of now and probably not for another 6 months:

Is it of any help in future, if I intend to return back to US, that I should get a stamping at Port of Entry and return back to India?

Is there a maximum time frame, within which I have to enter US under the present H1-B? I would like to wait for another 3-4 months and take care of few responsibilities at home.

I would appreciate if someone can point me out the rules, where this is stated. Kindly suggest only if you exactly know, where this information can be read.

Thanks in advance.

Only time spent inside US on H1b status is counted towards the 6 year period. Look for the remainder option FAQ.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X