Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 - VO kept my original I797

Hi All,

My wife and kid went for stamping yesterday. They kept my original I797 along with my wife's passport and said she will be issued visa. My Visa exp on Oct-09. Do I need original I797 for renewal? Is it okay i.e. they keeping I797.

And rgd my kid's visa they returned his passport after taking his details i.e. pp details and ds156, and told my wife that since he is minor they will be doing some verifications and would call her later to get his passport for visa after verifications. What verifications/checks do they do for minors? Do you have any idea on this?

This was in Hyderabad embassy.

Hi,

Consulates will not keep any originals with them....whatever originals they take will be returned with Passport.

For Minors - they will do the verification..interesting!!!!
    But I think - he will too get the Visa...

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhay

Comment

Thanks Abhay...

Any idea approx how much time they generally take for verifications?

Comment

Hi,

Frankly speaking - I have heard the cases where they do verification for principle applicant i.e. You or your wife...but hearing for the first time that they will do for the MINOR and not for u or your wife.
        But still I can say maybe 2 -3 weeks....becos I am not sure what they will verify for the minor....????

Thanks and Regards,
        Abhay

Comment

Yes Abhay, I too was surprised....The consulate send us an email to fill in DS-157 for my son who is 4 yrs old (as per VFS site this form is required for people above age 15).

Anyway I sent that and waiting for their response; and the case number given appears in their list with pending status.

I will keep the forum informed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X