Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B, out of status, driving licence in New Jersey ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B, out of status, driving licence in New Jersey ?

Hello

I came to US in Jan'09 on H1B with validity stamp on passport upto 2011. I need to take driving licence from New Jersey (Though I have International Driving Licence) & there are 6 points Id verification like SSN no. etc.
    I have SSN no. but no pay stubs so is there by any chance they enter SSN No. & find out that out of status so not eligible for driving licence or validity of H1B stamp on passport upto 2011 is enough. I am likely to get project in few days so need driving licence.

can I drive on my International licence ?

Please Help.

Thanks

They don't check for your pay stubs. Passport, I-94, SSN, and address proof is enough.

You can use IDP.

Comment

Thanks for reply but I like to clarify that after coming to US in Jan'09 to todays date I didn't got project because of bad economy so no pay stubs & if they enter SSN No. in computer & find out that no pay stubs, out of status, etc..then what ? If they ask, on Job or without Job then what to answer ?

Comment

They have no information of your pay stubs. They don't check.
        Last edited by sk4ih; 06-24-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

maybe they don't ask for pay stubs (Hard copy) but what I mean was after entering SSN No. in computer if they found that no entry of paystubs in computer (softcopy) & ask for status. People say Driving Licence are giving to that person who have legal status like Green Card, US Citizens, H1B with Jobs or other legal status but since no legal status, will it create problem ? are you sure, legally they don't have right to question ?

I also came to know that for SSN No. database is centralised in US so if they enter SSN No. of a person in computer, they get all details of that person, is it true ?
          Last edited by qqqq; 06-24-2009, 01:07 PM. Reason: forgot to mention

Comment

Hi

I didn't got answer to below question & some say if pay stub is not there for few months than its ok but if big gap are there for 6 months, they may ask legal status. Though Question is going round in circle, sorry about that but need clarifications.

Please Help.

Thanks

Comment

Rather than try to find the loopholes in a system, follow the law that guards H1b employees.

http://immihelp.comhttps://www.immih...int-procedure/

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

From Below link, I can't find anything regarding Driving Licence.

Comment

I forgot to mention that on passport along with H1B validity upto 2011, there is also company name written which I am now not associated, also on SSN (Hardcopy) company name is written so is there any problem ? No project with that company so left that company.

Secondly in 6 point ID verificatoin, there is one point of compulsory proof of address & I M staying with my friend so what to do ? how to provide proof of address where my name is written ?
                  Last edited by qqqq; 06-24-2009, 10:29 PM. Reason: forgot to mention

Comment

No paystubs required for DL in any state and DL agencies do not access your tax information. Do you need it any clearer?

If you are not getting paid, you can complain against your employer by using the link txh1b provided. By this you can avoid being out of status.

You can give bank statements
                    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the Information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X