H1 B Revocation/resignation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Revocation/resignation

I am working in american Company on H1B. I am planning to resign to go back to India ( I have offer back home which I want to accept)I will be leaving US next day of my resignation. My H1B visa Stamp and Petition is valid till Dec 2011. and first stamp was on Oct 2006 ( hence till 2012) My questions are
    1) 2 years down the line, say in mid 2011 if I find an employer to file an H1B petition for me and wish to come back to US will this be in "H1B Cap" or "NonCap" filing
    2) Since I am resigning who pays for the my return tickets to India. Is it liability of employer to pay the cost of return tickets
    3) Mine is at will employment so is it cumpulsory to give 15 days notice to employer- Aggreement does not specify this

1. Read about remainder option in FAQ.
    2. You have to as you were not terminated.
    3. Notice period is just a courtesy not a requirement.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,
      Please clarify... Is there a "Remainder" option in the FAQ? I'm not able to find it.
      And, what other responsibility do we have in this process?

Please help, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SudhaM View Post
        Hi,
        Please clarify... Is there a "Remainder" option in the FAQ? I'm not able to find it.
        And, what other responsibility do we have in this process?

Please help, Thanks!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X