Employer Threatens - What to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer Threatens - What to do

I came to US on H1. I paid for my H1, after reaching US there was no project for me and he put me in an apartment, there were already 3 other guys in the apartment. Its now three months and no projects, he is not paying me, he just arranged for grocery supply to us (he gives the money to one of the 3 guys). He has not paid me a single dollar, when I said him that I need to be paid in H1 he asked me to go back (I don't even have enough money for air-ticket) but he is not willing to give back the $3000 I paid him or at least a part of it. He threatens me that if I complained anywhere I will get in big trouble and I may never be able to come-back to US. He is forcing me take interviews for other people and when I refused he says this is how things are working in US. Whom should I contact for complaining about him or getting my money back and go back to my sweet hometown in India.

Please help!!!

--Abhi
    Last edited by abhikumar; 06-26-2009, 04:49 PM.

Originally posted by abhikumar View Post
    I came to US on H1. I paid for my H1, after reaching US there was no project for me and he put me in an apartment, there were already 3 other guys in the apartment. Its now three months and no projects, he is not paying me, he just arranged for grocery supply to us (he gives the money to one of the 3 guys). He has not paid me a single dollar, when I said him that I need to be paid in H1 he asked me to go back (I don't even have enough money for air-ticket) but he is not willing to give back the $3000 I paid him or at least a part of it. He threatens me that if I complained anywhere I will get in big trouble and I may never be able to come-back to US. He is forcing me take interviews for other people and when I refused he says this is how things are working in US. Whom should I contact for complaining about him or getting my money back and go back to my sweet hometown in India.

Please help!!!

--Abhi
    -- You can complain to DOL. your employer must have to pay. Please don't enter through some agents. I seen lots of people who pay some lakhs RS. and enter into USA on H1B and not working like you, after they have lots of trouble to face. arrange money and better to go back India. start some good life over there (if you don't find any project then your employer can't do anything if you come through some consultant or agents, they have to pay on H1B thats it). Best Luck -------- Omm.

Comment

http://immihelp.comhttps://www.immih...int-procedure/

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You have the law on your side. Don't worry, complain to DOL using form WH-4
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X