Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need information for h1

Hi,

My name is kiran. I need some information regarding H1. I am in OPT status now and i got H1 approved today. I am planning to go to india in july on OPT status. I need to know that may i eligible for h1 stamping now or i have to wait till october2009.
    If i went to H1 interview now in july can i get any problem?

Thanks,
    Kiran.

You can go for stamping but to enter on H1, you can only enter 10 days before Oct 1st.

Your F1 visa will likely be cancelled by VO during H1b stamping. You can enter on F1 and your status will still change to H1 on Oct 1st based on Efren Hernandez memo.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

need info for h1

Thanks for your quick response. Then i have no problem for re entry to us in opt?
      I will go for stamping after oct.

Is there is any problem for re entry to us in opt once got h1 approval?

Thanks
      Kiran

Comment

No problem. Just ensure that your I-20 is endorsed by your school, carry your offer letter and OPT /EAD card. Read a link I posted recently in Student section.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X