Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is stamping required to travel into US with valid I-797A ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is stamping required to travel into US with valid I-797A ?

Hi All,

I have valid I 797A through 2012 but I have not got it stamped on my visa.
    Can I travel into US with I 797 A or I should be getting it stamped ?

Thanks,
    Spidi

---- The I-797 A is not a travel document and you cannot travel to US with it alone. It is only a petition that a company has sponsored you to work with them in the US

---- You need a visa stamped in your Passport and that entitles you to travel. For this you have to apply for a visa interview at the nearest US Consulate within your country, submit this I-797A as proof of employment authorization to the visa officer and they will determine the issuance of a visa

Subramanya

Comment

Stamping location does matter with a valid I-797A

Originally posted by Subramanya View Post

---- The I-797 A is not a travel document and you cannot travel to US with it alone. It is only a petition that a company has sponsored you to work with them in the US

---- You need a visa stamped in your Passport and that entitles you to travel. For this you have to apply for a visa interview at the nearest US Consulate within your country, submit this I-797A as proof of employment authorization to the visa officer and they will determine the issuance of a visa

Subramanya
      Thank you Subramanya.....is it safe to get the visa stamped in chennai,india or it would be safer to get it stamped in Mexico or Canada etc..Please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X