non-paid/volunteer work on H1B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-paid/volunteer work on H1B visa

My H1B petition was approved in May and I am working at the university for 2 months already. I asked the university attorney if I could do some part time job AT the campus, but she told me I cannt because the part time job I was gonna apply is not related to the skills described in the petition and it is less likely I get another petition approved for that. Now, I want to start non-paid work at the local night club as a bartender for a part time, but my attorney is such a bitch, that I am hesitant to ask her this question. Can you guys tell me if I can work at the bar without pay (but with tips which is not an official pay)?

My H1B petition was approved in May and I am working at the university for 2 months already. I asked the university attorney if I could do some part time job AT the campus, but she told me I cannt because the part time job I was gonna apply is not related to the skills described in the petition and it is less likely I get another petition approved for that. Now, I want to start non-paid work at the local night club as a bartender for a part time, but my attorney is such a bitch, that I am hesitant to ask her this question. Can you guys tell me if I can work at the bar without pay (but with tips which is not an official pay

---- NO, you cannot work part-time unless you have authorization to do so. Wages or tips do not matter, it is the work that you cannot perform as it is illegal. The option can be if you apply for a part time H1

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X