COS while H1B transfer RFE Appeal pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS while H1B transfer RFE Appeal pending

Hello, I really appreciate if anyone here could help me on this..

The company I have been working with an H1B for a years got recently restructured to a new firm and it filed a H1B transfer for me this Feb. The petition got an RFE and the firm made an Appeal, which is now pending. The job looks now rather unsecure and I am not sure if the company will continue sponsoring me for a new H1B if this transfer got denied in the worst case scenario..

So my questions are:

1. Can I file a COS to F-1 while my H1B transfer appeal is still pending?

2. If my H1B transfer appeal got rejected, or I got laid off while it's still pending, after that happened is it still possible and in time to file a COS to F1?

I am really worried about my current situation now, and thank you very much if you could kindly help on it!

Best regards,

Karl

Has your I-94 already expired? Did your company just answer the RFE or was there an appeal filed as the H1b was denied?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Has your I-94 already expired? Did your company just answer the RFE or was there an appeal filed as the H1b was denied?
      My I-94 has not expired. I was told by the lawyer of our firm that my original transfer petition, which was filed in Feb, got a denial in Mid Apr due to a silly mistake by the CIS. The firm then made an appeal in late Apr, and now the case is pending....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X