Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent question on H4 221g @ hyderabad

Hi,

My wife applied for h4 and hyderabad consulate gave 221 g on may 21st.

Now when I call DOS, they were saying Visa has been issued on July 11th but when I call consulate (On July 14th), they were saying it is still in administrative processing. Does anyone faced this situation? Does anyone know how long it will take for hyderabad consulate to issue the actual visa.

Thanks,
    KK

It depends and you cannot really compare the time from one case to another.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

My Wife also is in same situation

My wife appeared for visa on June-23rd @Hyderabad consulate,India and VO issued a white sheet which has a case number (20091738450001) on it with all statements crossed and they said "they need to process" (something).
      They took only DS forms and asked her to track the status in above link.
      I am not sure how long it will take to resolve this case.
      One more thing is i appeared for visa on june-3rd for my H1B stamping (F1 to H1B)

Vamsi_r2k,
      Did they gave any case number for your wife? Did they took passport,any docs. How did u contact DOS & Hyderabad consulate. Any information is appreciated.

regards,
      chinna217

Comment

hi chinna,

They gave me the case number and they said the same thing to me too.. They took the ppt and gave her 221g white form without ticking for any document..I think she got the visa now. When I track the status(of the ppt), it shows it is couriered and when I call the courier office they said they recvd the ppt. So hopefully it is stamped!!!

Things I have done:

Sent some mails to consulate regarding the status of her application.(As they issued white form we couldn't see our case in the pending pdf list.)

Calles Dos(1-202-663-1225) and Consulate regularly to check the status. Most of the times they say its in Administrative process and you have to wiat. But if you are lucky, you will get some info from DOS.

Only thing i can say is you dont have much to do except waiting.. Good luck. Hopefully your wife visa won't take much long as mine!!!

Cheers,
        kk

Comment

hi vamsi,
          Thanks for your information.
          regards,
          chinna.

Originally posted by vamsi_r2k View Post
          hi chinna,

They gave me the case number and they said the same thing to me too.. They took the ppt and gave her 221g white form without ticking for any document..I think she got the visa now. When I track the status(of the ppt), it shows it is couriered and when I call the courier office they said they recvd the ppt. So hopefully it is stamped!!!

Things I have done:

Sent some mails to consulate regarding the status of her application.(As they issued white form we couldn't see our case in the pending pdf list.)

Calles Dos(1-202-663-1225) and Consulate regularly to check the status. Most of the times they say its in Administrative process and you have to wiat. But if you are lucky, you will get some info from DOS.

Only thing i can say is you dont have much to do except waiting.. Good luck. Hopefully your wife visa won't take much long as mine!!!

Cheers,
          kk

Comment

Hey whats your status now?? I also had my interview at Hyderabad US consulate... Please reply...

Thanks!
            Krips.

Comment

Still under processing...No clue when they will complete with their administrative processing...

chinna217

Comment

@chinna_217

Hey.. I got my visa stamped... Hope you are also with a good news now...

All the best...

Thanks!
                Krips.

Comment

Originally posted by kripssmart View Post
                  Hey.. I got my visa stamped... Hope you are also with a good news now...

All the best...

Thanks!
                  Krips.
                  No. My wife didnot got visa yet...still waiting. Did they took ur passport & doc.s when they gave 221g (or) they informed you to contact embassy for visa stamp. In my case they took ONLY DS Forms (not passport). How many weeks it took in ur case. Any have congrats & All the Best for ur future .

chinna217.

Comment

@chinna_217

Hii.. Thy took my ppt, DS forms and my I-20. It took around 3 weeks... Mine was F1...

Dont worry...I hope you will get it soon... Keep checking wth thm...My ppt was actually stuck at the VFS and Bluedart office for a day or two....

Comment

Any Update

Hi Chinna,

Any update on your Visa. Actually I am also in the same situation, my wife appeared for the L2 visa in May, but no luck yet. They kept the passport and whenever I call the consulate they will say that it is still under processing. Is there any way I can check the status or any contact number whom I call to check the status.

All the best.

Thanks,
                      Murali.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X