Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India with h1 Extension Doc

Hi All,
    I am very happy today as i got my h1 Extension approved.I searched all the forums while applying and thought it would be tough to get h1 Extension approved for people working for consulting company.I produced all the docs including Client letter, my last 2 years W2s,Last 4 Months Paystubs and i got it without any RFE.

Coming to my Quesion currently i have H1 Stamping valid till November 2009.
    I am travelling to india this august.I am not going for a stamping during this visit.I will be back in 2 weeks .While coming back if i show my existing I 797 i will get I 94 till November 2009.I will have I 94 attached in my new 797 doc.Is that enough for me to stay legally after November 2009.Or do i need to show my New 797 Approval document while coming back to get I 94 accordingly.I am confused can some one let me know how to handle this scenario.Thank you.

You need to show both I797s. One that goes through till Nov and the new one which could go for another 3 years. Your new I-94 will be given till the date of expiry of the new approval or for 3 years (max as per some CBP officers).

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.As mentioned i will show both my approved 797 docs at POE.Thanks for quick reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X