Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job situation in US (?!!)

Hi,
    I have been a regular follower of immihelp.com and this forum has helped me in more than one instance.

I am in a dilemma now. I have my H1B visa stamped since Oct 08 but I did not travel to US because of the job situation there. People on this forum too advised me to keep away from US for a while.

I wanted to know if now is a good time to take a chance and go to US. I have a good job in a reputed company here in India and have 6 yrs of experience. I will be projecting myself as a .NET resource.

I have previously stayed in US for 3 years on L1B. 1 year has already been wasted on my H1B. That means if I travel by 2010 and provided there is no problem at the POE, I would have 2 more years that I can stay in US. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Appreciate this forum for the help all along!

I have been a regular follower of immihelp.com and this forum has helped me in more than one instance.

I am in a dilemma now. I have my H1B visa stamped since Oct 08 but I did not travel to US because of the job situation there. People on this forum too advised me to keep away from US for a while.

I wanted to know if now is a good time to take a chance and go to US. I have a good job in a reputed company here in India and have 6 yrs of experience. I will be projecting myself as a .NET resource.

I have previously stayed in US for 3 years on L1B. 1 year has already been wasted on my H1B. That means if I travel by 2010 and provided there is no problem at the POE, I would have 2 more years that I can stay in US. Please correct me if I am wrong.

---- You can recapture 1 year for H1B for having stayed outside for that period of time. This can be done either while you extend your H1 or independently

---- Regarding the job situation, if your employer has a job for you then you do not have to worry. Economy and other considerations are a permanent feature in the present day. You can keep waiting in India forever. If you have a good job in India, there is no need to come to US

---- Rest is your choice. Forum members can always share their opinion

Subramanya

Comment

only period spent inside the US soil on H1b is counted towards the 6 year limit. If your employer pays you on bench from day 1 and can find a project for you, then you can *think* about coming to the US.

If not, you need to worry about your status and being out of status iwithout pay on bench sn't good as USCIS has been coming down hard on such cases off late which is a good thing for people that have been following the rules and the laws.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks Subramanyam & Txh1b for your replies once again! Your advice is always appreciated.. You guys are doing a great job. Thnks for helping out ppl like me!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X